View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #36
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleros_eat_rice View Post
I never get 50/50. You're paying for a 1/2 gallon of antifreeze and a 1/2gallon of what you get out of the garden hose. I know its an exact mix, but I just don't feel like paying for them to add water.

I'll also need to get another gallon or two of dexcool for when I change the radiator.

Exactly. I only buy the 50/50 when I'm in a pinch. Like the year I drove to ASS thru Canada with a crack head gasket and combustion gasses pushed coolant out the overflow, on the side of the road, in upstate NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
tecnicaly you need distilled water. your not supposed to use tap water. never know what minierals are in it.

Yes. I stopped using tap water a few years ago. Now for every gallon of antifreeze I buy, I buy a gallon of distilled water. It's only 69 cents a gallon

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote