View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Exclamation Site Changes & New Ownership

To my fellow Aleromod.com members:

In 2001, I registered the domain name “Aleromod.com” with the idea that I would create a website that would act as a list of all available modifications for Aleros, along with providing reviews and links for products. Once I installed the forum software, it quickly took off, and the site quickly grew into a very fun and rather large community. In fact, the site became more popular than I could ever have expected.

There have been many ups and downs over the years, and a surprising number of members have been active for all 8 years of this communities’ existence. With this in mind, I have decided to accept an offer from a group of these long-time members, who have offered to purchase the website from me. This group includes Oldsman, kwhauck, Oldsnut, and Redog.

It is no secret that I have not had a lot of spare time to maintain and update the site, and that is primarily the reason why I am giving it up to the control of people who I know are dedicated to the Alero community and the larger Oldsmobile community. I would not have considered relinquishing control to any other people, and I am fully confident that they will be able to take care of things better than I can at this point in my life.

I do not plan on leaving the community, and I will remain as an administrator for the time being. All members who have already purchased a VIP membership will receive their decals from me. However, moving forward, these functions will be handled by Scott (Oldsman).

When I started the site in 2001, I was an underemployed college student with a lot of spare time on my hands. I was able to dedicate a lot of time and effort into updating and designing art for the site. As the years have gone by, I have finished college, gotten a real job with a large company, and have gone back to school for my graduate degree. Couple school and work with the fact that my mother-in-law is presently in a 4 year battle with breast/brain cancer, and the fact that I am a few months away from being a new dad, I am struggling to find the time required to maintain the site. It has really been about 2 years since I’ve had the free time required to maintain the site at the level I would have liked to.

I know some of you have been annoyed with me for the lack of software updates, but I just ask that you have some understanding that it is not from lack of wanting. Also, since I am planning on selling my Alero, it seems right to give up control of the site to people who have been in the community so long and have dedicated so much to make it work.
Oldsman, Oldsnut, kwhauck, and Redog are a great group of guys. I have full confidence that they will keep the community going strong. They have already contributed so much to the site and community.

So in summary, I would like to welcome in Oldsman, Oldsnut, kwhauck, and Redog as the new owners of the site. It has been my honor and privilege to have founded this site and to have run it for these last almost 9 years. There have been a lot of ups and downs, and I have made a few enemies but overwhelmingly more friends. I urge you all to accept our new ownership group and to bear with them as they assume control of the site.

Thanks for the great times and memories.

-Naich

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote