View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 11:22 PM   #5
Bahlzeron
GX Member

Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
That's the same I have. I had to extend it about two inches (I know I said one inch before, I was mistaken) to fit properly. Unfortunately that's all that is available for the N-bodies anymore. Oddly enough, for the front STB the 99-06 GA is the same as all years Alero, but only the 03-06 GA is the same as Alero for the rear even though both are N-body.

They used a thread on the fittings that you can't get a coupling nut for.. otherwise it would be so easy to extend. It is pretty easy to extend still though, I just cut mine in the middle and tapped it and used threaded rod and a spacer to make the bar long enough to reach from one side to another. The bar is hollow so tapping is really easy, I tapped mine for 9/16-18 no need to do any drilling (hole is ~half inch), just tapped it. Here's links to what I bought to extend it

Bosch tap only cost bout two bucks: Bosch 9/16-18 tap

Threaded rod 9/16-18 one foot length bout three bucks: 9/16-18 one foot threaded rod

I used a coupling nut as a spacer.. but a pack of five cost twenty bucks, a simple spacer would do fine and (more than likely) be cheaper than a coupling nut. Just in case here's a link to coupling nuts.

9/16-18 coupling nuts

Last edited by Bahlzeron : 09-04-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote