View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
JunkProwler
GX Member

JunkProwler is on a distinguished road
Failed Emissions Test

First of all, when I got home I noticed on my printout that the tech had entered my car as an Intrigue with a V6, while my car is an Alero with a 4 banger. IDK if that would make me fail but worth mentioning.

Here's my results:

...........................40 km/h...........................Idle

................Limit......Reading......Result.... .......Limit........Reading......Result

HC ppm........58..........21...........pass....|..... .150............7...........pass
CO %.........0.32........0.00.........pass....|...... 0.7...........0.00..........pass
NO ppm.......435.........2036........FAIL....|......b lank........blank.......blank
RPM.........................1386........Valid..... |.....................461.........Valid
Dilution.....................11.90.......Valid.... .|....................9.60........Valid

To the side theres various emissions controls systems, only one checked for my car is the gas cap pressure test which passed. The EGR result says N/A which I dont understand b/c my engine has an EGR. The tech also said my car is running a bit lean. FYI there is no downstream O2 sensor on my car, and its leaking exhaust close to the engine.

Normally I would just get it fixed but I'm laid off and cant afford it. I also can't find work if my car isn't on the road. If I spend $150 on a diagnostic, and it turns out fixing it will cost more than $450 (diagnostic cost included) I can get a conditional pass. If, after the diag, it will be less than an additional $300 I will be forced to pay that additional money. I'm pretty much effed here, so any advice or info would be appreciated. If I have to get the diag I'll borrow some money from my father, if possible, but theres no way I can pay the $151 - $449 if they can fix it for under the conditional pass amt.
JunkProwler is offline   Reply With Quote