View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 11:14 AM   #54
snake_eyes2

Quote:
Originally posted by snake_eyes2+Apr 7 2005, 06:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snake_eyes2 @ Apr 7 2005, 06:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>AARRRRRRGGHHHH, I just went through and purged all the wiring data off my memory stick. Sorry, you can use electrical tape after splicing wires but two things:

1) better off to just use crimp connecters, or

2) strip back enough wire to be able to tie a reef knot in place and then pig tail back.

if you are going to do this fork over the cash for good electrical tape, I mean the $5-6 a roll (scotch super 88) not the .99$ s*** from wal mart.

have fun
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-tenny
@Apr 7 2005, 11:32 PM
dont use electrical tape, do it properly.

solder all speaker conncetions and use heat shrink tubing on them, you only want to have to do this once!
[/quote]

I forgot to state that #2) is when soldering, but with little or no skill crimp connections are the easiest. Sorry for the confusion

Jiffy)

The little rubber chummies (technical name ) slid on to the wire before you crimp the temination end on to make it look all pretty like!

By Oring do you mean gromments for passing throught the fire wall?

Anyway the crimp/butt connectors are used for spicing two ends together, like high level imput from HU to high level adapter used by the amp. As an example (I have read the whole topic and know that LOC are being used :P )

When I get home I will look to see if I still have the wiring diagram from alldata and I will post in here if I do.

Just wondering I got 8 gauge wire through with out having to cut anything, am I the only one?