View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #46
jiffy

Finally.

Only took 3.5 hours and a cut arm, but I got that power wire through the grommet. Hopefully I didn't cut any wires.

Once it was through I had to struggle for a while to get the duct tape off the end of the hanger, so I could pull the hanger back out through the grommet, but eventually I got it.

I then ran the wire along the drivers side back into the trunk. Right now the wire is loose on both ends because I didn't get a chance to solder anything to connect it to the battery, and because I'm not 100% certain where I am putting the amp, but a good idea just hit me for that.

I'd like to thank everyone so far (especially you tenny) for the help in getting this project going.

Eag - your pics were a huge help too.

I still got some work to do on my box, and then on some sort of mounting board/amp rack, but running speaker wire will be my next task.

Seeing as I had this much trouble with the grommet, what should I expect for working with wires behind the HU? Is it fairly easy to see which are the speaker wires and which are other wires?

Thanks again everyone.