Thread: A/C Help
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.fm-distributing.com/proseal.html

Interesting product, but on the car of mine in question, I suspect that the leak is at the compressor shaft seal. That's mostly because I can't find any leaks anyplace else and can't check that spot without removing the compressor clutch (and most likely the compressor). That and the > 208K miles on it.

Maybe this is a better link (gets good reviews on Amazon):
http://www.amazon.com/Cliplight-Manu.../dp/B0002NYBC8

I am not sure that I would even use this unless I thought that the problem was in the evaporator (the part inside the dash). In your case did you make any attempt to find the location of the leak?

On of the Amazon reviews is interesting in that they used this product to actually find the leak:

Add my story to the list of successes!!! I tried finding a leak but could not locate it. After installing the leak sealant and while idling the engine I finally found the leak. It was at a housing weld on a tube going into the A/C condenser. You could not see it without taking off the bumper shroud on the 2001 Ford Escape.

While I watched the leak hiss and bubble courtesy of the bright green leak detector dye, it started to slow down and stop. Within 5 minutes it had stopped. The sealant had been in the system for about 20 minutes by then.

When did having air conditioning in Canada become so important? I see them fixing it on Holmes on Homes all the time and have been wondering.

Last edited by zzyzzx : 06-20-2012 at 02:13 PM.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote