View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #7
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Just out of curiosity, are you using a different brand or weight oil before the oil change?

How many miles are on the car?

good question.. as your engine wears out it is normal for oil press to drop over a new engine, however even with a half quart missing, or in traffic your oil light(pressure lite) shouldn't be coming on... if your oil is just been changed.. did it happen before? what are the environmental conditions when you experance this ? often when you have a high mileage engine, in traffic and running hot at idle its not uncommon to see a higher mileage engine trigger the light...

Is it possible that the wrong grade of oil was used when it was changed? (assuming it was fine before)

I agree with the General if you have the know how, tee in with a mechanical pressure gauge so you can actually see what your engine is doing. To me watching a good mechanical oil press gauge is like watching a heart monitor... I hate those Fxxking lites..
I mean is there even a oil level light?? 99 per cent of people see that red oil light and assume its level.. when it is infact press...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote