View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 09:16 PM   #8
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Clearanced for the double roller timing chain by removing some metal from the block near the main journal and screwing in the upper oil galley plugs a 1/4 turn or so and then lightly grinding the tops of the plugs as well. Thinking of not running the stock chain guide with this set-up as the double roller overhangs the guide quite a bit and the chain is surprisingly tight without it. Someone let me know if I missed clearancing anything or if I should run the stock guide.
Cleaned up the gasket surfaces, blew out all of the oil passages, and ran a tap through all of the threaded holes then drenched the block in oil and covered it back up. Will send the block out for hot tanking and cam bearings when the rest of the MMS parts arrive. Unable to find quality aftermarket pistons for the LX9 so I am planning on reusing the old ones with new rings and deglazing the cylinders. Would like to install new pistons but all that I can find are the cheap DNJ ones or the forged ones that may take years to make.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0817.JPG (169.4 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by dbral : 01-15-2021 at 03:24 AM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote