View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 01:25 PM   #9
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Hmm... I can't access their website through my computer here at work. Will have to try it again at home.

Thanks for posting up your track's points determinations. Odd system of point values. I don't recall any other tracks, at least none near me, that utilize this format. I could be wrong but I'm guessing that to increase participation in their different race series, the track is resorting to buy backs. How many cars has the track been averaging in your classes each night?

The standard at most of the tracks around here, including Raceway Park, is 1 point for staging 1st round and 1 point for every round win. RP also gives out a bonus point for everyone who signs up before the 1st race of the season. They used to also award 3 points for a Final Round win and 2 for runner-up but then scrapped that after 2 seasons. No buybacks for any round.

Tiebreakers in the points at RP are done 2 ways: first, whomever has the most Final Round victories. If there's still a tie, it goes to positional points. After the 5th race of the season, everyone is then award points based on their spot in the standings. Whomever is in 1st place gets 1 positional point, whomever is in 2nd gets 2, etc. Then each week your post-race standings position adds that many more positional points to your total. If the Final Rounds tiebreaker needs a tiebreaker, whomever has the lowest positional points total wins. Any tiebreakers needed after that (which there have never been yet) are determined by a 1 race run-off between the 2 racers.

Good luck with the rest of the season! Once the season ends you'll have to let us know how you finished in each class. Does your track compete in the NHRA Bracket Finals? That's where the top x-number of racers in each points class compete individually and collectively as a team against drivers from all of the other tracks in your Division. Team RP gets hurt every year in the Finals when half of our better drivers compete for neighboring Atco Raceway (most $$$ racers around here run points at at least 2 different tracks at once) because Atco refuses to give out end-of-year bonus money to any points racer that doesn't race for Atco's team at the Finals. Hopefully your track competes in that and you get to go. It's a great experience.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote