View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
TdotAlero
GL Member

TdotAlero is on a distinguished road
My Alero updated

Took some new pictures recently and thought I will update what she looks like right now (and what she has modded).
I got her this past winter in a horrible condition. Everything has since been fixed and I did a few modifications to her. Since me and my wife had a baby girl born in March, some of my plans for the Alero have changed. I had less money to put into the car, but I still think she looks nice for a family car. She's a 2000 3.4 V6 Alero btw.

Here's the only picture that I have from January, when I first got her:

She had a passenger side tail light and driver's side fog light missing. A nice rust spot on the hood, scratches and dents all over bumpers, fogged headlamps, shot bearings, no power steering, no heating/air conditioning, bad brakes and so on...

Here's what she look like today, all cleaned and fixed, happy to be alive again

I have cleaned the tailights to make them as clear as possible. Installed a pair of chrome dual muffler tips, fixed the dents and scratches on the bumper and tinted the third brake light.

I tinted the windows (yes I tinted them myself) to 15% all around. It contrasts nice with the silver mist color.

Painted the headlight bezels flat black. I kept the amber corners though... hate me

Installed some nice euro white/blueish bulbs for DRL and high beams. Cheap bulbs, no HIDs for now.

Got a nice set of Michelin tires for the upcoming winter.

Cleaned the engine, and painted some parts gold.

Changing the bearing...

Alero in the garage Working on the brakes, put Monroe brakes on her.

Detailed the interior

My Pioneer head unit instead of stock radio and I also put a pair of Pioneer 6x9s in the back, 120W each.

223 thousand kms and running strong.

I ordered a CAI which should be coming soon.
In the near future I am planning to get a HID kit for winter, need to do a full tune up, and am planning to instal LEDs in my dash lights (gauges/switches etc.)
After winted I will probably put some nice rims on her, lower her a little and am thinking of getting a nice exhaust. That's it for now, am open to ideas and suggestions
TdotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote