View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
Won $400 in the Street Stock class at Raceway Park's Street Survival Series #3 event.

Domestic SS vs. Import SS each round. Like usual, by the 3rd round I was racing Points guys & their domestics as we knocked most of the imports out by then. I again was trying to get used to running the car shallow-staging and it took a few rounds (and some bad lights) to get comfortable.

Due to an aforementioned bad Reaction Time, multi-time winner Jack Cogliano just edged me out at the finish line by a few thousandths in the Quarter Finals but broke out while I stayed just over my dial. Next round (Semis) my opponent Harrison went red trying to cut a tree on me. In the Finals I went dead on my dial (.004 over) and treed him with a 0.028 to his 0.046 RT. (I think I found my spot on the tree)

Another big trophy, another gold sticker, and enough $ to recoup the rest of my season's expenses and still have money left over for next Spring.

That's 2 consecutive event wins in a row. Not a bad way to end the season. And it brought my total winnings on the year to $1,050. Too bad they ended up pro-rating some of the earlier purses or else I would have won even more $.

What do you eat for breakfast?