View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 12:05 AM   #1
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, i dont know what's up with my car. i've been racing twice a week for a month and a half now, and i average a 10.59-10.63 (1/8th) and never ran faster than maybe a 10.56.

tonight the weather wasnt really any different than it always is. i run 3 time trials, 10.694, 10.635, 10.576. this is normal, the car usually picks up a little after i run a few times.

so i go into the first round with a bye run, dialed in 10.6 and ran a 10.573, i broke out, but i didnt care, i took it as a time trial since it was a bye, and i wasnt sure what i should dial in anyway.

so round two. decide to put up a 10.58 dial in so i have a little room to play with if i catch a bad light, but then i run a 10.487! never before have i done that. so i'm thinking it's a fluke, i buy back in and line up for the third round.

i bring my dial in down to a 10.50, and break out with a 10.477, luckily the other guy broke out a little more.

on to the semi-finals. i dial in a 10.47 and lose it all by breaking out with a 10.394!!!!!!

how is my car doing this? i havent changed anything, no CAI or anything. no octane boost, trunk and backseat full of junk. what could cause my car to go that much faster without me making any changes, and no changes in the weather?

am i subconciously launching at higher rpms? is there a way to look at all the stats ( r/t, 60 ft, 330, 594, etc.) to figure out why? or is it just my car?

hope someone can help, i prefer to run slower and consistent, but at the same time happy that my car is running faster.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote