View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 01:22 AM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by #kit.x9 View Post
Now, I went to the mechanic the other day, and told him that I thought my problem was the LIMG and that I could get the part even if he needed it. He started naming off a bunch of parts numbers probably to impress me. All in all, he said it would be like a 7 hour job. I dont know if I want to give him that much money! Ha! If I've got to spend a bunch of cash, I'd rather just buy the tools and parts I'll need to do the sucker my own damn self, meanwhile learning how to do some car repair. I'm not really a gearhead/greasemonkey, but I AM very mechanically inclined and good at repairing machines, taking them apart / putting back together, etc.

Ask your mechanic if his time estimate is including going home to sleep for his 8-hour beauty rest while he's charging you for the extra 3 hours, then go look for a REAL mechanic.

Sounds like he's just wanting a crap-load of your hard-earned cash while he's on a whole pack worth of cigarette breaks.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote