Thread: SVS/Trac Off
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm the only thing that happened recently was:

1. I've been tuning a lot in open loop. A DTC for the O2 sensor is set due to it seeing rich all the time but that's just because I'm tuning right now.

2. I changed the Trans Type setting in the tune from "Automatic" to "Manual"

3. New IACV.

4. Replaced entire throttle body with a used one, including IACV/TPS.

GM Tech 2 reports C1278. Which could be either "TCS Temporarily Inhibited By PCM" or "a brake solenoid valve that cannot be energized." Googling around shows "C1278 indicates something is wrong in the PCM or the circuits it controls that is inhibiting the traction control. This usually happens when something is wrong in the throttle control circuits and the PCM cannot control the throttle properly."

I am causing the O2 sensor open circuit code recently with all the tuning; perhaps that is the only cause of this and once I go back to closed loop it will go away.

Or it could be the ABS module itself.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote