View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 03:30 PM   #360
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been so busy with work the last month I haven't been able to do much with the Alero. Trying to figure out why coastdown/idle is so unpredictable, but I assume the -20% closed loop correction has something to do with it. It's so rich for some reason at low/no throttle. Stuck injector perhaps? Dunno.

I washed it 3 weeks ago and took it out to a spot for a sunset photo. Drove fine there. When I went to leave, it kept wanting to die as soon as I disconnect the engine from the trans. So the wheels turning were supporting the engine spinning when my throttle plate was closed. It kept dying and I kept letting out the clutch to re-engage and get it running again, which resulted in a VERY unpleasant, bucking, jerking 2 mile drive home. It was essentially un-drive-able because any time I had to slow down to a stop, I had to press the clutch pedal and that immediately resulted in the engine turning off. Battery wasn't doing too good to start it back up.

Replaced my battery with the highest end X2 AGM battery to help with it being parked for long periods without a battery tender, and having enough juice to restart the car over and over when the thing stalls. Emailed the tuner right after it happened, he suggested I let him drive it a couple days. Haven't done that yet, just emailed him the logs from back then yesterday though, maybe something will be obvious. I think the IAC is being controlled backwards, and also losing its position by bottoming out. I'm going to try to test a few things and inspect its operation tomorrow. Change a few settings like the max/min clamp % on the IAC so it doesn't max out or overheat. Maybe flip polarity if I can confirm it truly is operating backwards. As far as I understand it, IAC valve pintles' home position should be fully closed. In my case, it seems to home at open.

I was supposed to have a photoshoot Jan 10, but the photographer was sick, plus I hadn't driven my car since that horrible drive home. Would be nice to fix that first. I have a great idea for an intro video of my car that I want to film ASAP.

I still haven't had time to research exactly what transmission etc. I need for AWD, going to try to get some answers today and then push my fabricator to get going on the other chassis regarding the cage and fender bracing, plus this AWD fitment.

The shop's trying to get my truck dyno ready this week. It's looking good.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote