View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #60
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Ok, the PVC line is the little black hose you see going to that first chrome piece you see coming off of my throttly body..

for those of you who have no idea what THAT is..

the PVC line is that little black hose thats in between the two blue rubber gasket things.. you see it going into the top of that chrome tube. the stock 3400's have it in the same place, just in a different tube. pluck that out, grab a funnel or something, and pour it in there while the engine is running.. and be sure to give it some throttle while pouring, your engine will suck it up- without throttle, the liquid wont get sucked in..

pluck the PVC line out, dump the SeaFoam in that hole (i used the whole can.. the more the merry-er.. right?), give 'er some throttle, kill the engine.. have a smoke.. (or stand around for 5 - 10 minutes..) fire it back up, (this takes a while.. depending on how much and how fast you dumped it in..) and bask in the smoke..

I dumped it all in hard and fast.. it killed the engine by itself.. let it sit for about 5 minutes, and started it back up.. and it farted out this blob of smoke.

seems to do its job, woulda noticed more gains if my engine wasnt as new as it is. a nice little project to do if you havent already.

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote