Thread: Engine Noise
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
Engine Noise

Ok so, as im sure its obv. i have a 2.2 Eco Automatic.

The car is a 2002.. it started last week. I started my car in myy driveway, it started fine with no issues. i pulled out of my driveay, straightened the car, and drove off. as i was accelerating i started hearing i high pitch squeal*. I put my foot on the break to see what was wrong, the squeal got a bit louder, i took my foot off the break the squeal remained. i accelerated the squeal got a bit louder, then it dissapeared. It happened again later that day, then the next day, the day after that twice, and yesterday and lastnight. I thought it was the Serpentine belt, so i changed it, it was time anyway. The squeal came back. and when drivin it in a parking lot with a buddy who is in school for car engines and electrical and stuff, while he was driving he to heard the sound, and when he turned, kind of sharp, it was a higher pitched squeal. We determined it was on the drivers side. Its not brakes, there is no leak, and pads are fine, calipers ect.
I cant figure it out, im come to an assumption that it is Suspension. but i first thought that it was the Control Arm, like bushings n such, or maybe Tie Rods. I went to Advance Auto to talk to them, he said it could be Wheel Bearing / Hub. does this sound feesable? or is it something im missing. I would like to figure it out, so it doesnt turn into a more serious prob.

Thanks for any help in advance
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote