View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #20
wws944
GX Member

wws944 is on a distinguished road
In a sunroof car, at least mine, the map lights are in the mirror. So there is a wire already provided for the connection. It is a 7-pin plug with three wires hooked up - +12v, switched ground, and ground. These same three wires also go to the dome light. Which is why I suggested that taking power from the dome light wires might be easier than running more wires down the A pillar.

Actually the +12v is also switched. According to the schematic, it comes from the BCM on a "inadvertant power control" line. So this would presumably shut off a left-on map light after a few minutes. (I haven't tested it yet.)

Noting that my GNTX-221 mirror has the exact same 7-pin plug, with the wiring seeming to be compatible, I tried plugging it in to the Alero yesterday. The map lights work just fine - both by opening doors and by using the switches. However the compass display didn't light up. I know I had the compass working on my bench a while ago, so not sure whats up...

And thanks for confirming that the Malibu had the lighted vanity mirror(s). I will keep an eye out for them.

Last edited by wws944 : 01-02-2013 at 10:56 AM.
wws944 is offline   Reply With Quote