View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #29
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
So what, you want me to go directly to the snail? A chilled 14 PSI from an MP62 won't be good for low 13s? P&P blower, P&P head, then direct port 100HP nitrous for 12s? Not happy with the results? I think I will be. If the MP62 doesn't seem suitable, I can EASILY sell the setup. It's a greatly desired system on j-body. And then I can go to a GT30R.

With the new manifold design I'll be able to spray meth after the supercharger, but likely won't, as an FMIC and CO2 sprayer on the intercooler should be fine.
So you want to P&P the blower, P&P the head and add a 100 shot of nitrous, plus some meth, all on a custom MP62 setup to fit the LD9, while making the whole setup able to run a FMIC, and then spray the intercooler with CO2?

I think you're going a little overboard here.

I think you'd be better of spending the money once, doing the work once and and getting your desired results quicker by going with a 3076R. You already have the built engine, and a very simple setup would put you easily into the low-mid 12's. Plus, you really don't need the intercooler sprayer. Get yourself a good sized core that will fill that bumper right up and you'll be just fine keeping the charge temps down. You can even still keep the meth injection and turn up the boost a little more while staying on pump gas.

I know you like the superchargers, but you're trying to push too much out of them to get to where you want to be. There comes a time when you have ask yourself if you're doing too much just because you want that certain setup to work, especially when something different will get you the same results easier and leave you room to turn up the wick some more.