View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post

2.8 or 3.1 v6

3800 supercharged

or the aurora 4.0

The 3800 in my opinion is the most reliable engine that GM has ever built. The 3400's aren't bad either.

To do these swaps, will I need to swap my fuel pump and sending unit?

Will fuel lines need to be swapped?

Will I need to swap the radiator?

How much of the wiring harness needs to swap? Just under the hood? or do I need to pull the dash and replace every inch for the fuse box, ecm ect...

Right now I'm broke, so I'm just brainstorming and collecting information in case I decide to move forward with a swap idea down the road. Regardless, I don't want to spend a huge bucket of money if I do anything. I would buy a used drivetrain and parts just to do the swap.

Any of these swaps will be a nightmare going into a 2.4 car. Duval and I have both swapped 3400's into 2.4 cars, idk about the specifics of his swap but I swapped fuel lines, brake lines (non abs into an abs equipped car), radiator, entire subframe with engine, trans, engine wiring harness, PCM. Then needed to repin the fuse block to get headlights (huge thanks to Duval for figuring that out) and run a wire to get it to crank and start correctly.

If I were to do it again I would use the harness for the entire car, not just the engine harness. My remote door locks still don't work and my rear speakers don't either. I'm sure there is more..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote