View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
no it was about halfway between 1/2 and 3/4

LOL! Please. When it gets to the highest tick mark, the temperature is around 250. My car has seen that a couple times when I was dealing with massive air pockets. (Still am til I seal off a leak, but w/e).

At the position you mention, and from my vast experience with coolant temperature monitoring, it's likely 210-215, not a big deal. The 3400's thermostat is a 195, thus the car will actually run 205-210ish.. Like my 180 thermostat on my engine, the car runs 190ish normally.

Seriously, no need to freak out and turn off the car once you trek beyond the half mark. Think about it when it's past the 3/4 mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
yeah... I would never pull a relay from another part of the vehicle to use for that.... That's just asking for trouble.... Relays and fuses are completely different.
If they look the same, they are the same, as far as I've experienced. And I've done a lot of relay work at the Zone back in the day.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote