View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
I guess this is true I suppose it may be possible that I have never looked down soon enough to notice the temp spike...The only other part I don't like is that the fan came on with the car off...I have not noticed this function before is it supposed to do that ever
Sometimes it will, it at least keeps the air moving through the radiator a little bit when the car isn't moving and is off. Mine hardly ever comes on, I forget the factory temperature settings in the tune, but if the intake air temperature or coolant temp are beyond a certain amount, the fans will remain on when the car is off for a certain amount of time. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFire316 View Post
Ion, my car normally runs ~ 185F around town so fans never kick on now if i sit in a parking lot or otherwise idle for awhile it will get up to 227F where the fans kick on then the temp falls all the way down to about 180F in a few mins so i think the fans have a pretty big effect unless Aleros are different in that reguard in which correct me

There's no reason your car should idle and achieve anywhere near 227.. there may be something wrong with your cooling system. If my car idles for over 30 minutes it will maintain a consistent 190..

You should also probably quit relating your Cobalt with an n-body in every thread. Need to keep the Alero specific sections on-topic and accurate to our own vehicles.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote