Thread: Losing coolant
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #44
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I finally got the car back together last night. It started right up, and I ran it (in a garage) long enough to warm it up. It runs fine, as per it's usual. I did not drive it though. I see no sign of any leaks. Only strange thing is that I'm reasonably sure that I removed more coolant than I put back in. I saved the old coolant in used 2 liter soda bottles, so I know exactly how much I took out (and I do that to take the stuff for disposal as well, it's the only bottles I trust in the car like that not to spill).

I tried opening the bleeding screw while running and all I got was more coolant coming out of that. I assume that my recervior will empty out a couple of times while driving and that will be it or should I research how to properly bleed out the air, assuming that there is some. should be 1-2 liters worth.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote