View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 03:50 AM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
that looks absolutely terrible that truck should be used as target practice and blown up.

It's not the truck's fault. I was thinking the owner or concept designer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 3.4L View Post
So it seems like everyone on here hate the idea of a alero/grand am vehicle, but you know what i like the idea. ever since i bought my alero i have been looking at that front clip and been wanting to change it. i came on here for ideas and it seems you guys dont even want to look into it,think about,or even give good feedback. but im going for it. i want to make it a custom,dont want to be like everyone else. but hey thanks . this is given me more motivation

There's a reason a large portion of us hate the idea. It's because many of us are Oldsmobile FANATICS. We love our Oldsmobiles, we do a little modifying here and there, some of us do A LOT of modifying. but in the end, everything about the car we love screams OLDSMOBILE. Just imagine somebody at your Christian church thinking it's a great idea to get 666 tattooed on their kids' foreheads, wanting to show it off and be proud of it, but can't figure out why everybody else in the church doesn't like it.

And besides. There are certain things that just don't go well together. I think we need to get one of our really good Photoshop experts to put together a series of good chops from different angles that will look realistic and show exactly how badly the lines and designs will not compliment each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
ya who cares what everybody says its your car customize it the way you want to not the way other people want. who cares if they do not like it. I am glad it motivated you .

now THAT I can agree with. it IS your car, and it IS your expression. All I'm saying is don't expect a bunch of people in here to be excited about it, like it, or tell you how great it looks when you get done.

I also say, how many people are "more motivated" to invest time, money and labor into something "just because everyone else is going to hate it". You might be excited about it at first, but in the end, you'll probably get tired of people ragging on it and start hating it too.

Go for it, and good luck. I think it would be cheaper, easier, and better looking to graft a section of the scoops you like from the GA into the Alero hood and call it a day. But hey, that's just MY opinion, and you go ahead and do what YOU want.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote