View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I think I got this figured out: Using a standard automotive relay it is possible to get the lows to stay on with the highs by triggering them with the high beam ground if indeed our lights are negatively switched. The wiring would be like this:
Pin 85: connected to pink wire on High Beam
Pin 86: connected to orange wire on Low Beam
Pin 87: connected to Dk Blu on Low Beam
Pin 30: connected to Vehicle Ground

When wiring the relay it doesn't matter which side you tap into, and there is no need to cut anywires just use wire taps for this mod, unless your anal and have to solder everything, but I wouldn't do so until this is verified to work. I will be testing on my car this weekend, and will update you guys.

Note: I haven't had a chance to do this mod to my car yet and will try it this weekend to verify that it works, but from looking at the drawing I am positive that it will. Again this mod has not been tested on all years (only 2000 and 2003 verified) and anyone who tries this and damages anything does so at there own risk.

Note: This mod has been tested on 2000 and 2003 model aleros, and we have come to find thanks to jayson waltz that it will cause a conflict with the 1999 DRL's because they use the high beams as the DRL's..right now I'm working on bypassing the relay and will let all know.

Note: If you are having problems with the DRL going crazy please refer to post 71 and do the DRL disable mod...this has only been verifed for 99's. If you have any other questions please refer them to Jason.

This will get the lows and highs on working on the fogs being on with them.

I had some time to look at the head light wires at lunch, and its easier to do this on the Passenger side on the 2000 it has 2 orange, 1 blue, and 1 pink...where the other side (Driver) has 2 blue, 1 orange, and 1 pink. By using the Passenger side it eliminates having to figure which blue to use. Only difficult thing on this side if you can call it that is getting a ground, but thats easy.

All done kids..this mod works great so get out there and light them up. It makes a big difference in the visibility at night and it was very much need here on the back roads that I drive on.

A speacial thanks to OLDS03ALERO for his input on this project.
A speacial thanks to jayson waltz for his input on this project.

Last edited by lonnie : 05-02-2008 at 07:31 AM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote