View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
2.2 60' this time, but I only did two runs. It's all I could do before I deemed it unsafe to drive without an electronic boost controller and tuning via HPtuners. It appears when I turned up the boost controller during my previous runs last week and nothing was happening due to the boost leak, I left the MBC set like that. So today when I installed my hardcore couplers and t-bolts, my MBC was basically set to 16 psi. Doing that with a ball/spring type boost controller is bad with the wastegate having only a 5.7 psi spring. Not to mention it's not tuned for that amount of boost.

Needless to say, I had some significant issues down the track. The boost spikes to 16-17 psi caused major knock and timing to be cut, and fuel cutting out it seemed, maybe spark blowout at that boost level too. The car kept jerking with the boost bouncing around and timing and fuel etc. but I kept pushing it at 100% throttle all the way down the track.

And I got:

I plan to go back with a GReddy PRofec B Spec II electronic boost controller so it solidly maintains 13.5 psi instead of spiking then tapering down low like a manual boost controller does. I also require HPTuners to tune it better, as it's changed since the boost leak. So.... I just need to find about $550 to snag HPTuners and the EBC used.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote