View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 11:26 PM   #55
sympley

2002 Coupe with 2.2 ecotec

100 km, noticed misaligned roof lining. There was a gap of about 1 inch between the roof and the liner. Dealer fixed ofcourse with trying to give me a run around. He said that the guys that put in the alarm did it.

1000 km, doors becomed misaligned. They would not even close. Dealer fixed it, but the moron mechanic forgot to put in one part back it. They had to call be back in.

2000 km, doors misaligned again, dealer fixed again, this time all the part were put in, and they are good so far.

6000 km, rotors gone. Dealers excuse is that my pads are almost worn out. I go home check the pads they are almost still new. Go back bitch a bit and they machined the rotors.

10,000 km, rotors gone again. I go back to the dealer and they replaced the rotors.

13,000 km, security light comes on and stays on for a bit then disapears. I thing it is related to my compustart alarm/starter/pager. They had to put in some sort of a GM passlock interface so that the alarm could operate properly. I think that maybe just maybe that part is going.

20,000 km, rotors gone again. Got some from RSM racing (slotted). Was impresed at first, looked god, and braked pretty good, did not last to long.

45,000 km, replaced the rotors with Canadia tire The cheap kind.

59,000 km, front hub gone, dealer replaced the wrong side, I went back and they replaced the other side. My warrantly expires at 60,000 so I got really lucky. At first they would not hear about it.

60,000 km, replaced rotors with Canadian tire (heavy duty).

75,000 km, traction light, ABS light, and trac off light comes off. Turns out that sensor in the hub is no good. Need to replace the whole unit 7 bills gone.

currently 80,000 km, needed items:
-rotors
-rust showing up on the window panes. It is the kind that goes from inside out??? I though GM has good steel?
-rust showing up under the hood.
-oil filter cup is worn out because when they replace the oil they torque it to much and it gets worn out.
-alarm does not work???, frequent security light. I bet that they are somehow related.
-passenger speaker sometimes works, sometimes it does not. I have a Alpine unit pretty good one, and I find it hard to believe that this would be causing this problem. I use al the proper harnesses to intergrate this stereo.

I really think I got a lemon. I am looking around for a 2001 or 2002 mustang GT convertible or not because this car has been nothing but trouble. I love the way it looks, I love the way it handles, but I am giving up the fight. NO MORE GM for ME.

...Sorry guys.