View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
cbw
GX Member

cbw is an unknown quantity at this point
#4 Piston Misfire

I very seldom have to get on this forum because I have been so lucky with my Alero. Had a lock issue way back and you guys nailed it. When I went to the dealer and told him what I thought was the problem he looked at me like, "OK little lady, what ever you say." Of course I was right because you guys helped me sound smart. Thanks.

I think I have a big problem now. Last night when I parked my 2000 v4 Alero in the driveway she had been driving fine. When I started her this morning she was extremely sluggish, had the most awful sound and was acting like it wanted to stall. Started driving up the street and she had very little power. My husband hooked up his diagnostic gizmo and the code came back as "#4 piston misfire". I'm sorry but I'm not sure how many miles, a lot because my job requires me to travel.

My reason for this post is; can anyone give me any advice or heads up about this issue before I take her to the mechanic. My husband is very mechanical savy (he is why she was running so well, oil changes regularly, rotating tires, replaceing the brakes, etc.) but this one has him stumped.

Thanks for any info you can supply.
cbw is offline   Reply With Quote