Thread: Fuel Mileage
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 08:08 PM   #7
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
It will help to specify if you are using a metric conversion. Some one in the US may be thinking it is MPG and not Klm per Liters. Your liters and Klm's would equal up to a 33.6 mpg average. Not bad. This is about my average with a 3.4 liter in the summer. I did notice that this was only about 5.4 gallons. In order to get a better average you should let the car go down by 3/4s of the tank. The weight ratio and various driving conditions will give a better idea of the average. It will need to be noted that climates and driving conditions will alter it as well. In the winter I only get around 26 Miles per gallon. I have also noted that medium grade fuel will always give a higher return over 87. Paying the added 1.40 at the pump seems to be worth it. I have also seen a difference in companies. Shell is the large supplier in my area. However, BP and Co-op seem to yield a much higer return than Shell. I average 27 with shell 91. BP 91 gives me a mid to low thirties under the same conditions. I am not dispeased with the alero. But I do think there is a large room for improvement. MY 98 honda coupe had 200 horse. It averaged 36 Miles to the gallon and barely fluxuated in the winter. I believe the lowest recording I had was 28 with alot of city driving in temperatures under freezing.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote