View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 06:08 PM   #29
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by b-spot+Jun 3 2004, 12:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (b-spot @ Jun 3 2004, 12:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Oldsman@Jun 3 2004, 12:16 PM
well when i bought my tires, they went to give me crap about those aren't correct size of tires. but i told him i know, your computer is telling 215/60R15 but i want 225/50R15. But that will change your..........I want that size, end of discussion. That is how it kinda went..........LOL

The inch shorter tires have helped out of hole. i did loss about a mph on the top end but the price you pay. To give you an idea on the gear ratio. factory is 3.42 on the auto 2.4 after the new tires i am at 3.59
I realize this oldsman, but there are a couple reasons I would NEVER do this.

1) BIGGER wheel gap? Dear god know. Its big enough already

2) You are killing your gas mileage at highway speeds

Not worth it. Its a pretty cheese ball way to try get more accel. [/b][/quote]
1. they make lowering springs. but if you going to do smaller diameter tires then you really aren't about looks to begin with.

2. killing gas mileage??????..............hummmmmmm. I get 31-32 on the highway. The gear ratio isn't changing enough to kill gas mileage. now if you went to like 4.10 then yes.

the only thing is your speedo does not read accurate anymore.

Do what you want. and see how it all works out for ya.