View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I picked up a spare stock throttle body from a parts yard and it seemed like the shaft was pretty solid. Installed it on the car and pressurized and this one leaks too. Maybe they all do that? Maybe I just have two high mileage ones.

From searching around other car forums it seems many run into this issue and fix it by replacing the o-rings and oiling/greasing them up at install. Not sure if our throttle bodies have o-rings but I'm sure I can tear apart the other one I have now and see what I can do. Edit: Took apart the throttle body, there are no seals aside from the bearings. Turns out a fuel injector o-ring is the perfect size for a space inside there, so I put a viton o-ring in and re-assembled. It might seal, but I haven't installed and boost leak tested it yet because it turns out me fixing my other hose leak seems to have fixed my high RPM coastdown/revving up issue. The seepage in the throttle shaft itself doesn't seem to cause any big issues. Might swap it out for shits and giggles just to see if my o-ring job helped.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote