View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation upper radiator hose hole

alright my buddy has the 3.4 engine in his 02 alero. he gave me a call earlier that his heat shot through the roof and there was steam pooring out of the hood. I went over to check it out, he has giant gaping hole in i his upper radiator hose. where it goes close to the pully for something right there (not sure what it was). it looks like all sorts of crap has been flying off there and onto the hose and the hole was in the center of it all. its big enough to easily fit both thumbs through... I thought that was a bit strange seeing as how everything was fine the other day, not even a slight leak... I dont have any pics but I will try to get some tomorrow. Is this just a regular old sprung a leak or something else going on here? also- he said the temp gauge got up into the red before he got pulled over, i know this isnt good but should we run through a bit of check list or anything before firing it up again? the previous owner of the car beat the hell out of it so im a bit concerned.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote