View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 01:01 PM   #19
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by turbo-alero+Apr 1 2005, 10:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(turbo-alero @ Apr 1 2005, 10:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by germ@Apr 1 2005, 07:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sc/alero
Quote:
@Apr 1 2005, 05:08 PM
cash wise or what? total $$$$i have about 3000 power wise approx 300 to the ground

:wtf:

you sure about that? 300 whp is a LOT more than any other SC alero/grand am has put down to the wheels.

hell, IIRC, you can only go down about .3" on your pulley before the SC is beyond its efficiancy range.

phantom505 only got 265 at the wheel with 9 psi of turbo boost.

not that i doubt you car has power, but 300 wheel HP is gonna get you MUCH faster times than a 13.8

13.8 was with a very bad vaccum leak among other problems.....which have now all been remedied.....
[/b][/quote]

hey, we can bench talk all day long. but until someone puts out a dyno sheet, all we can do is speculate and compare what other sc 3400's are putting out. the problem with 300 WHEEL hp from that setup is that you have to go to a much smaller pulley, and when you do that, the SC that is in that kit is NOT effective and will start boost stacking which will not make more power, but makes more heat and detonation.

if i remember right, Aaron from GAGT.com is only at 235whp with his eaton m62. and from what i read, he is modded about the same as sc/alero. so 65 more wheel hp (which is about 100 crank) is what your claiming?

what have you done to assume you got another 100 HP?