View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 03:49 PM   #219
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bad news from Centerforce on figuring out the ideal clutch:

"Chris, as of right now we do not have anything that will fit off the shelf. We do however have another project that is in the works, and it may offer us some flexibility. That will not be completed for a bit though. Please be patient with us on this one. This is not a highly demanded item so other projects are ahead of it for development time. We continue to work towards some options for you, but I cannot really say how long it will take to figure this out."

As a fellow business owner with multiple projects, I wouldn't estimate them having something for me until next year.

Current clutch has no springs, is definitely way too harsh on the drivetrain and is uncomfortable and frustrating to drive. It must be replaced.

Option 1: Clutch Masters 850 Super Single. This is a larger diameter clutch, with springs, but only one disc. The disc is a large surface one though like what's used in the twin disc setup. I think my only fear is that that the single disc may not hold the power.

Option 2: 6 puck clutch with higher force pressure plate. I used to drive a 6-puck, and while it did catch me off guard a few times, it was driveable. I'm told that "not all 6 pucks are the same" so it might feel totally different (better or worse) than what I used to have. It having a higher force pressure plate also concerns me that not only will the pedal be harder to press, but it could lead to problems that force acting on the crankshaft over time.

Option 3: Use my measurements to reach out to another clutch manufacturer that supposedly is capable of making OEM-feel high torque holding clutches.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote