View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #9
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
holy eff!! 3/4 of the cars in this country wouldnt pass that inspection.

That's true.

Is there some reason why you do not sand down the rust and prime and paint? If I understand you correctly, all the places where the rust are all under the car, so it does not have to look nice.

I think the "sniffer test" is probably what we would refer to as an emissions test. We have them here too. On my 1995 car, it is done on a machine with huge rollers with the front wheels on and the car running. On my Alero, they plug into the OBD2 port and look for codes.

I like the way you refer to the inspection station as holding your car hostage, for ransom. Even if that was not your intent, your translation is probably so true that it is funny.

Last edited by zzyzzx : 06-24-2010 at 09:06 AM.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote