Thread: What to do???
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:34 PM   #62
mfuller

Stopped by the shop today to see what was happening....

Looks a bit high in front...

Oh, that's why.

25,000 mile mildly-built 3400 anyone?

Tansmission is clean and has already received the new Quaife limited-slip -

As you saw in a previous picture, my brake lines are very rusty (the car has not seen winter driving in over 10 years)....GM must have used the cheapest shit they could find. Oh well....new stainless steel brake lines will be bent and installed.
When the new motor was coming out, they naturally disconnected the fuel lines....the plastic feed connector just disintegrated when the feed line was disconnected! So I probably avoided at best a large fuel leak, and at worst, an engine fire/explosion. So those get replaced also.

They need to transfer sensors/brackets/accessories over to the new motor, and the hope is that the new motor will go in by the end of the week.
It'll be 2 weeks until I get the power steering pump back from Turn One, and since I've gone this far, I may replace the stock 145,000 mile fuel pump with a Racetronix pump. New rear SS braided brake hoses, fresh brake fluid, and tuning.
Hoping to perhaps make a trip to Road America in early May - Midwest F-body Association is renting the track out May 3rd and 4th!