View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #10
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero03 View Post
@nas escobar:
I don't think that is the problem, If the orange wire was hitting the chassis at all wouldnt it lose voltage? because it still powers the radio and has a voltage reading. It is just the gray wire going into the back of the instrument cluster, and the green wire that goes to the dimmer wheel. and according to my haynes manual and now @a.graham52's diagrams, since the orange wire still has a voltage reading of 12.xx then teh culprit could be the "I/P dimming module" reffered to in the dimming controls section of the schematic since it takes power from the yellow+ wire and then splits it into a green and then a gray wire that go to the dimmer wheel and dash backlights respectively.

And @a.graham52 THANK YOU these diagrams were much easier for me to understand compared to the haynes manual for some reason, you are a lifesaver

Not the orange wire on the Alero, but the orange wire on the radio. If the power wire hits ground, you pop your fuse. If your dimmer light hits ground, it turns off your interior lights but may not pop a fuse.

You get what I'm saying but got the wrong orange wire. I meant the radio side, not on the Alero harness. Sorry for any confusion.

Have you fixed it yet btw?
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote