View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #7
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Reed View Post
damit man, get your camera man a tripod lol

I was actually Mr. Video Guy for the first 2 vids. I kept talking to the track guy under the tower as I filmed the race and kept moving the camera each time I turned to talk to him as we stood there. You can hear some of our conversation as he was telling me that the next class was already pulling up under the tower and so I had to get my car up there quick if I wanted to run. At the end you can also see the camera "pan" as I turned and started running to my car. I think I would have down a better job had I not felt rushed.

It's hard to see in the video of my run but I did tap my brakes at the big end knowing I had a bit of a margin on him but still ran 15.956 on the brakes. The incrementals to the 1000' told me I should have run only a 15.97 flat out and I know I didn't break the beams with my nose or spoiler when I braked so the run didn't make much sense. Had a lot of trouble getting her to be consistent enough for my liking, even when I launched her the same way and temp each time.

Still, apparently in crappy 90-degree 50% humidity weather I was still quicker than many other slightly modded cars on here. And my car is bone stock, 65,xxx miles on the engine, and loaded with crap (race weight with driver = 3,248 lbs.). It's an automatic and I just left her in 3rd gear all day and let her do all of the shifting. Imagine how quick I'd be without all the extra weight (CD's, cassettes, magazines, 6-pack of water, etc) and in cooler weather?
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote