View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
00redse
GX Member

00redse is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a momo hub, and from what I gather, their quick release will work on all of their hubs. But it does make the steering wheel sit about 3" closer to you.

back to the air suspension though lol

My patience is wearing thin lol. My order from KMW is scheduled to be here monday. I went ahead and got some standard air line for now. Vince, from KMW was nice enough to throw in 75ft for free.

I'll still need to go to the Parker Store for some fittings. JaredGT still hasn't gotten my money back to me, but he did assure me it's coming, and he's gonna be throwing in some misc. fittings as well.

Thinking about putting in check valves at each corner before the lift valves just as extra insurance. They're kinda pricey, but I've seen some decent deals for some 1/2" ones.

Also thinking about getting some speed reducers for the dump valves. Not sure how fast it's gonna drop with all 1/2" line and 1/2" valves, and I don't wanna go slamming sown on the AED kit and crack anything. I'm not sure if the lowest point of travel on the air struts is gonna bottom the kit out or not... I don't think it will, but I don't want to find out the hard way.

Tested all my valves today finally, and all went well there. Still working on a clean way to mount them in the spare tire well. Not a lot of room to work with, and I know there's gonna be even less when I have all the air line actually running back there, and the wiring for all the valves, AND the pressure sensors for the Dakota Digital Air Pressure Gauge.

Curious to see how the charging system is gonna handle the 2 compressors and the 2 amps for the stereo. There's an Optima blue top in there now already, but I'm thinking about looking into a high output alternator as well. I've heard stories of h.o. alts not putting out what they should at idle though. Anyone have a reccomendation for a good h.o. alternator?

SoooOOOooo. Monday I'll mount the air tank and compressors, run the air lines to the spare tire well, and see how I'll be able to mount the valves. hopefully I'll also have the time to put the Dakota Digital setup in there too.

Once everything is wired and plumbed, I'll jack the car up and put the air struts in. Then air it all up, move it into the driveway and lay it out. Really looking forward to this. Should be a lot of fun. I already know there's gonna be hiccups and extra trips to the hardware store, the parker store, etc. So I'm not gonna rush things. Gonna make sure I take my time, do everything right the first time, take lots of pics, and not do a monkey job on any of the little details.

oh and Just so all of you know, Easystreet has stopped producing air struts for the n-body. Actually the set I ordered from kmw was the last they had in stock, and they were unable to locate any others. So for anyone else wanting to go air, you're gonna have to fabricate a universal bag setup. Which from talking to someone about it, wouldn't be terribly hard, and you could make it go even lower than the production ones.

Anyways. Can't wait to get the rest of this stuff in and get started.
00redse is offline   Reply With Quote