View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #15
00redse
GX Member

00redse is an unknown quantity at this point
I bring you updates

First, We have the compressors intstalled.

The relay for each compressor is just attetched to one of the mounting points for its compressor. Pretty simple to do the relays. I used this diagram for them from airridetalk.com

Next we have the tank with all of it's fittings attatched

On top we have a T with the pressure switch on the right (this tells the compressors when to come on and when to shut off so as not to overfill the tank or let it get empty), and the pressure sending unit for the dakota digital gauge on the left. The Dakota digital gauge will tell me the air pressure of each bag, and the pressure in the tank as well. So you'll see one of those pressure sending units on each of the valve sets as well.

Here we have the tank mounted. This is where it all starts looking like it's supposed to.

Now, some will notice that I'm using push-connect fittings. Thus, I've decided to not do the SS braided air lines. It was going to cost about 350 bucks to do those, and the benefits really didn't outweigh the cost, plus it's a lot easier to connect standard tubing to these than it is to twist the air line on to each valve in the tiny space of the spare tire well. Also, running the ss line like Richie used to have it meant running it inside the car, through the door sills, and there's already enough going through there. Vito from VTKustoms sealed the deal when I asked his opinion on it. He said his s-10 had standard tubing for the 7 year bagged life with no problem. So it was either spend the money for the ss line, PLUS fittings for it, or just use the line that KMW had thrown in for free when I bought the new front struts. The choice became quite simple.

Also... I don't know if I told you all about the bag setup that I'm now going to be using for the rear. And while I was at Vito's place, he pulled out a cutaway of one of the bags. Basically the exact bag I'll be using with half of the bag sut away to show the insides of it. So here it is

As you can see, it's a pretty normal looking bag except for the inside of it. There's basically a metal tube going down the middle of it. This way, it will slide right over a standard mcpherson strut. You must trim a few things on your strut to make the bag sit flush, and then it just slides right on. We will see how easy it actually is once they come in I'm sure it's not gonna be as simple as it seems.

I started looking around to find where else this style of bag is being used, and found that the LX crowd (dodge chargers/magnums/challengers/300's) have been using this with great results. Also the 350z/g35 guys. I found where they're coming from, and just like easystreet, it's cheaper to buy from a distributor than to go right to the source. But for those that want to learn more about this style of bag, go take a look at http://www.universalairsuspension.com/on-road/index.php

and I found a review on one of the 300c forums too http://www.300cforums.com/forums/sus...uspension.html

I also got the valves all ready to go with fittings and the pressure sending units all done up. Didn't snap any pics of those, but I will get some before I install them and during the process of wiring them up too.
00redse is offline   Reply With Quote