View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 04:02 AM   #10
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

Standard personlizied plates were $20, now $76, and this is only a one time fee

They started a "Vintage" plate program now. If you have an expired plate, from the same year as the car, you can pay $75and have that be your plate. Only good for cars upto 1976 though. I guess they don't want to bring up the bad memories of the "You've got a friend" poor English stuff from the mid 1980's

See, UGLY!!

That's not bad.... Your neighbors to the south have to pay yearly for vanity plates.

As far as the vintage tag, that's interesting. In VA and MD, you can only do vintage tags if the car had the year stamped on the license plate. Unfortunately, that stops the year of availability to 72-75. The law is usually written to allow bicentennial plates to be ran again, hence the 76.

I don't think they'll ever allow the sticker renewed tags to be reintroduced.

Too bad you can't get period correct license plate combinations, or in other words, activate a dormant series from a run in the year your car was built. For example, in Virginia, the license plates go backwards and if your car was bought in 96, you would get a license plate that started with a Z (as in Zxx-0000). DC would have been finishing off their 6 digit number plates and MD would have been somewhere in the Pxx-000 area.

And I'd take your classic PA tag over this fruity trash below this sentence any day.

1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote