View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 04:56 AM   #17
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
The north and south hate each other? HAHA sounds like NJ, but it's more about tax complaints than anything else. Here in PA Pittsburgh hates Philly, but Philly is only just starting to hate Pittsburgh. Turns out, the entire Commonwealth hates Philly and it's burbs because this is where the bulk of the funding goes. Well, when 2/3 of the state lives in just 5 counties, well its not rocket science

Yup, but that's because the northern section of Virginia is a transient area filled with bedroom communities that are full of smug and douchebag attitudes. Truthfully it's most of the state vs the DC Metro area of the state. It's a cultural and economic divide.

Funny that you bring up the Pittsburgh/Philly thing. NWDC folks are scared of anything across a specific river that divides the city in 2. SE and parts of NE DC are across the Anacostia river, so most in the NW area avoid it. That's mostly economic.

I never realized PA was that rural. I always assumed it was more suburban like Maryland that has pockets of rural areas but is mostly suburbs.

Quote:
Maybe back a while ago, but now it's like they cannot use the same three letters on the plate, but only when they went to the new 3 color plate. For example DAA was never used because AAD was used already. When I applied for a Vintage tag, the first three letters were JXT. Well those letters were already used.

Well that's a weird system. They'll be running out of letters quick. I thought they couldn't use the same 3 letters like JJJ or GGG.

Quote:
No it lasted from 1984ish to about 1987. My Parents bought the Nova in 1988 and it was a regular "Keystone State" on the top and "Pennsylvania" on the bottom. It was axed because it showed "poor Grammer" but again bring up the grammer part, and "You've got a friend in Pennsylvania" would be more like a Philly type dialect, which made the other 62 counties here cry, once again

The Toyota Corolla Nova or a real Chevy Nova?

and how is "Keystone State" grammatically incorrect? I'm pretty sure most phrases on license plates are fragment sentences. "Taxation Without Representation" is a fragment sentence and no one blinks an eye at it here in DC. More people complained about the change to "District Of Columbia" from "Washington, DC" Because with the bolts it read "Strict of Colum"
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote