View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #19
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
I like Tennessee's current design, but hate that they went flat. Those flat plates are annoying to read at night or whenever there's glare on them because combination isn't raised.

I do wonder what Tennessee will do when they get to Z99-99Z. I feel that combination style was better off in DC. They went through those plates pretty fast in TN. It usually takes 3 to 4 years to progress a letter in DC. EA-0001 was late 2011 early 2012, and FA-0001 should show up sometime late this year. Perhaps around summer.

Yeah I like our current design as well, but I don't mind that they went flat. They mainly did that like a lot of other states have because it's cheaper to make than the embossed ones and I've personally never had any problems with reading our plates. Even with them being flat.

I'm also curious to see what they're going to do when we get to Z99 99Z. Especially because I thought they were going to change the design when they ran out of the 000-AAA format, but then decided to keep the same design and just change the numbering system instead. So now I'm wondering if they're just going to change the format again or decide to change the design when they run out this time.

You're right though, they've gone through that format pretty quickly. They started issuing A## ##A between mid 2011 and early 2012 depending on what county you lived in. I noticed the other day that they're up to S## ##P already. So I'm thinking they will get another year maybe 2 if they're lucky out of the current numbering system.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote