View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 03:59 AM   #20
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Philly has 1.5 million people, Pittsburgh has 412,000.

Susquehanna County which is way up on the NY/PA border and Interstate 81 runs thru it, has 53 people per square mile. There are less than 45,000 people in the entire county. HA there are more than 53 people on my 1/4 of the block I live on. Def a "hick stick" county.

However when it comes to inspection, these small counties are a joke. There are 3 types of counties in PA in terms of inspection. Green, Yellow, and Red

Philly is a Red County. Full emissions, very strict, car burps it fails

Yellow is just a visial check to see if the emissions are there

Green, is usually saftey inspection only

My area is all sorts of weird for inspection and emissions. MD requires inspection only once. You can buy a brand new car and it will never be inspected as long as you own it, but it has to be inspected when sold. Usually it becomes an owner item to make a deal. Inspection isn't cheap. It's $200 or so. Emissions are every 2 years for any car built after 1976.

Virginia requires emissions ONLY near the DC area. It's 3 counties and 5 cities that require it, and it's done bianually for a period of 25 years from the build year of the car. So no car from 1990 will be emissions tested this year. 91+ are fair game. Also, if you're wondering what seperates a city from a county in VA, cities don't belong to a county. For example, the City of Alexandria is an independent chartered city that has public services like a county but has a mayor and a city council unlike a county that has a board of supervisors. In a city setting, you vote for the mayor and city council whereas in a county you only vote for a representative of your part of the county which in turn they vote for an at large supervisor. From what I've read, very few cities are independent of counties.

Everywhere else in VA, it's just a yearly inspection. All of VA is subject to an inspection.

DC got rid of its inspection program and only tests emissions. Their language implies that they still have inspections, but they will only inspect your emissions. Emissions are every 2 years.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote