Thread: VIDEO: Dyno
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 02:47 AM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
that's 10.1 psi, and only 160 somethin horses? was the dyno broken? and what the hell is up with that 1st to 2nd shift?

Ahahaha. Jan's dyno tends to read 80whp lower than another local Mustang dyno (and Mustang dynos read lower than Dynojets). It was comical. This is why it's notoriously known as the "heartbreaker" dyno. I was like "excuse me as I go shoot myself." Should be somewhere around 230-240whp.

Jan was driving.. liability, wouldn't let me drive. I was in the passenger seat monitoring the laptop and enabling the torque converter clutch and trying to lock the car into a certain gear. We couldn't get it to lock into 3rd and the temps of everything said it was a bad idea to do a 78-105 pull (IAT 170, coolant 220, etc. it was hot) He let off or something between shifts. Only saw a peak of 7 PSI there.

Went out on the street with my friend and saw 10. Also shocked him how quick it was. I tried to do a 0-60, still, way too cold to do, zero traction. Lost traction on the 1-2 shift every time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post
Thumbs up, too bad your tuner didn't show up though.
Ya, we'll be doing stuff on the street. I'll fuel tune tomorrow, and meet up with my tuner sometime next week. Next stop, the track. Or Monkey Wrench Racing's dyno (friend dyno'd at 380whp and lost to a stock SRT-4) LOL. So inconsistent...
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote