View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #25
<woj99>
GX Member

<woj99> is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Hey everybody Im new here and the owner of a 04 Alero. Im 19 and its my first car this car is awesome and couldn't ask for anything better. Car has a idling problem when the a/c is on but either from that car is awesome

I think the idle problem is common, at least I've seen it posted a few times, and it happens with mine too some of the time. Sometimes I have to shut it off and restart for it to idle properly. I'm not sure if there was ever a recall for it. I think it's a problem with the IAC when there's a load on the engine from the A/C and it can't adjust the idle properly. I'd be really interested to find out from someone who has a tuner if anything odd would show up.

Definitely not worth swapping in the 3.4L. Big hassle for no gain. Maybe the 3.5, but still not an easy 'drop in and go' type of swap.

Other than an intake, I wouldn't recommend trying to do too much to the 2.2. Just maintain it and be happy with it and it will serve you well.

The 2.2. does have good aftermarket support from intakes, header, cams, internals, but it's really all or nothing if you want to get better performance out of it, with the best route being turbo or supercharged and the dollars start to add up.
<woj99> is offline   Reply With Quote