View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 09:37 PM   #35
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Na the tensioner is in a pretty good spot. Try undoing it on a minivan, in the dark, with 10 guys standing around, when it's 15 degrees outside

If you get a belt tensioner tool, they are pretty universal and take like 5 seconds to finish up the belt. Before I had one I had to use a breaker bar that only came up to the idler pulley, so I needed somebody else to push the belt in place.

The water pump is pretty easy. Took me 1.5 hours to do that and replace the upper and lower coolant hoses (since the car was 11 years old when I did it) and the only reason it took so long was my clamp pilers broke and I had a hard time removing the bottom clamp Did all this in 2011, when my water pump started leaking thru the weep hole. With the right tools, it's a cake

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote