View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Throttle Body Vacuum/Boost Leak

So the throttle plate shaft itself is leaking air when I boost leak test. You know how you open the throttle plate by manually moving the part the cable is connected to? If I wiggle that my air leak changes significantly. It's apparently leaking air between the shaft and the main body of the housing.

From some Googling it sounds like there's a bushing that is worn that causes this. Anyone know a place to send it to that can do a good job on a rebuild?

I'm still working on having a bigger custom manifold made with a used 75mm throttle body that hopefully doesn't have this problem, but I'd like to fix this in the meantime.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote