View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 12:58 PM   #4
Bahlzeron
GX Member

Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
Update to my last post.

So I ended up using a part from a Cobalt, it is however slightly longer, both from the pivot to the shift stalk (only a couple millimeters) and from the pivot down to the cable clip/adjuster (maybe just over 1/4 inch, I didnt measure). But it will work with a little modification...

1. The clip/adjuster on a cobalt is too long, you need to use your original (I didn't test it so maybe it will work fine). To take them off you need a small screw driver and pry it up (make sure you pry at the collar clip ring) , it's not hard to get off. To put back on lube both the clip/adjuster, and the post it attaches to. Set on a firm surface (I used my center console/armrest) and press with the handle of a screwdriver or something flat, it's a little difficult but not really hard to do (I had a hell of a time til I lubed with a bit of oil, then it clipped on rather easily).

2. Because the white thing is a little longer from pivot to the shift stalk, you will need to modify the the shifter mount, just use some pliers to break the plastic at the back where the the part rubs at.
Edit: Here's pic of modification needed.

As an unintended bonus... my left/right throw is a little shorter now

And here's a couple pics after installation and all buttoned back up, knob is a $20 thing from Advanced Auto (I think AutoZone carries them too)

Last edited by Bahlzeron : 01-20-2016 at 02:18 AM. Reason: add pictures
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote